Ackerman International is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Ackerman International may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from: August 2012
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
Name and job title
Contact information including email address
Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide.
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these type of cookies on your device.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these type of cookies on your device.
Category 4: Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisations.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These Conditions form part of the Contract and will override any conditions of yours which are inconsistent with them. No waiver or alteration or modification of these Conditions shall be valid unless in writing and signed by a Director.
2. You may only take discounts previously agreed in writing and only within the time limits allowed. Prices will be honoured where possible but we do reserve the right to increase the price of any undelivered goods by a fair proportion should our own costs increase.
3. Any date for delivery is intended as an estimate only and all orders are accepted subject to availability. We shall not be liable in any way for late delivery or if we are unable to supply all or any of the goods for reasons beyond our control. Payments should be made within 30 days of invoice, unless otherwise agreed.
4. We reserve the right to charge interest at a rate of 4% above the base lending rate of our bankers from time to time on all overdue payments.
5. Risk in the goods shall pass on delivery but the legal property and the title in them shall remain ours until the happening of the first of the following events:-
a. Payment by you in full of the price of the goods and of all other things sold or delivered by us to you.
b. Performance by you of any bona fide subcontract of sale of the goods at their true value (you being hereby given authority to enter into such subcontracts notwithstanding that the property therein remains with us by virtue of these terms).
The goods shall at all time be stored or kept and marked or distinguished so as to be easily identifiable as our property and in particular records shall be kept of their individual whereabouts and should they be the subject of a subcontract of sale permitted hereunder, records shall be kept of the purchasers thereof and of the prices at which the same are agreed to be sold.
All amounts receivable by you pursuant to any subcontract of sale of the goods permitted hereunder, being receivable upon a sale of our property, shall be collected for and held in trust for us, to the extent that such amounts do not exceed the total debt owed by you to us in respect of goods and of the price of all other things sold or delivered by us to you.
Upon any default by you of any of these Terms and Conditions (including terms as to payment) or your insolvency, bankruptcy, making a winding up order against you or appointment of any receiver, administrative receiver, administrator or liquidator for you or your assets, or upon you suffering any distraint or distress or execution against your goods, then we may dispose of or recover any of the goods which we have sold to you with the right to enter your premises for such purpose.
6. You must notify us within 14 days of the Invoice Date of any non-delivery or short delivery. Any other complaints concerning quality, breakages or otherwise must be notified to us within 3 days of delivery. You will be responsible for the first 5% of the invoiced amount in respect of breakages of earthenware, glass and china as per the trade custom. Where we have agreed to the return of goods the carriage to our premises will be your expense. Our liability to you in respect of any cost or damages suffered by you in respect of any breach of contract or negligence by us shall be limited to the invoiced price of the goods and where the claim is for delivery of any defective goods our liability shall be limited (at our discretion) to replacement of the defective goods or a credit for them.
7. DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 NOTICE:
Where you provide us with personal data, we will hold that data securely in confidence and will process that data for the purpose of establishing an account in order that we can supply ordered merchandise to you. When considering your application for credit facilities we may consult with and disclose the data provided to credit reference agencies, banks, credit insurers, other traders and responsible organisations within or outside your business and that such third parties may process the data. Under this Act, you have the right to know what data we hold on you and you may request this from us in writing.
8. VARIATIONS OF THE GOODS:
a. We reserve the right to vary the Goods where in our absolute discretion we consider it necessary to carry out the main purpose of this contract.
b. We will endeavour to carry out all reasonable variations to the Goods requested by you but shall not be obliged to accept any such request for variation and shall be entitled to make a reasonable price adjustment consequent upon any variation accepted.
9. FORCE MAJEURE: If events beyond our reasonable control prevent us from performing our obligations hereunder we may without liability cancel this contract. This Contract is not binding in the event of any new Customs regulations or import prohibitions.
10. COPYRIGHT ETC., INFRINGEMENT: You shall be solely responsible for the consequences of any patent, trademark, design, copyright or other infringement of commercial rights resulting from your specification, design or use of the Goods and you shall fully indemnify us in respect of all claims, demands, liabilities, costs, charges and expenses incurred by us as a result of such infringement or alleged infringement.
11. EXCLUSION OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS: For the avoidance of doubt nothing in this contract shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any term of this contract.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT:
a. This contract embodies and sets forth the entire contract, agreement and understanding of the parties and supersedes all prior oral or written contracts, agreements, understanding, representations or arrangements relating to the subject matter of this contract. Neither party shall be entitled to rely on any contract, agreements, understanding, representations or arrangement not expressly set forth in this contract save for any representation made fraudulently.
b. Unless otherwise expressly provided elsewhere in this contract, this contract may be varied only by a document signed by both of the parties making express reference to this clause.
13. JURISDICTION: This contract shall be interpreted according to English law and only the English Court shall (and you hereby accept the jurisdiction of such Courts, where in England or elsewhere, as we may nominate to) try any action out of this contract.